Saturday, November 04, 2006

CW Beacon Keyer

While waiting for the manuals to arrive for my 222 transmitter, I went ahead and built another component for the 222 beacon project: the cw keyer. I sourced a very nice kit from N0XAS called the "ID-O-Matic". With my children sitting patiently watching (yeah right) I was able to complete this kit in about 45 minutes. It is a very nice kit and easy to build. The nice this about this kit is that it can be programmed via serial port (using a terminal or terminal emulator) and it can be used as a CW beacon keyer or auto-id for a repeater.

Here is a pic of the assembled board:


To test this keyer I connected it up to my Code Practice Osscillator. Here is what is sounds likes:




Next step is to put this in a metal case with reset switch, powerswitch, etc, and then it will be ready for use once the 222 beacon transmitter is ready.

Tom
VA3NFA

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home