Sunday, September 24, 2006

It Works!

Those of you who know me understand that I have never been a "handyman" and I would much rather write a COBOL compiler from scratch then try to build anything, especially any thing that requires electricity to operate. This lack of hands on electrical skill/ability has always bothered me so I decided to do something about it.

While visiting Active Electronics here in Ottawa I bought a simple electronic kit to try to build. The kit I picked up is a very simple "Alternating Flasher: 4 LED" from CanaKit. After watching the kit sit on my bench for several days I decided to go for it! After 30 minutes of shaking hands and eye-squinting I yelled out loud "I did it!!" which scared the life out my darling wife who immediately jumped up and ran downstairs to see whatI was up to. Needless to say I was victorious! Check out the short video clip which offers proof of my newly acquired abilities with a soldering iron!




With my new-found confidence with all things electrical I am going to next make a microwave oven from scratch or perhaps re-wire the electronic fuel injection system in my van (just kidding folks!)

Tom

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home